Terence McKenna Bibliography
This compilation is © 2000–2013 Chris Mays.
Return to Table of Contents
Miscellanea, including bootleg items
- Terence K McKenna (2008) Terence McKenna: Video mixed psychedelic Of intelligent machines [bootleg]. Bootleg VCD of Alien Dreamtime (2003). One disc. Found on ebay.
- Derek Swannson (2007) Crash Gordon and the Mysteries of Kingsburg. Three Graces Press, New York City. ISBN: 0615154166. McKenna's theory of the extraterrestrial origin of the psilocybin mushroom is bandied in this “paranoid comedy.”. LibraryThing.
- Anon (2007) TimeWave Zero + Hallucinogens & culture [bootleg]. Bootleg DVD comprising the SoundPhotosynthesis video Time wave zero (1995) and part one of A magical journey: Including Hallucinogens and culture, Time and the I Ching, and The human future (1988). One disc. Found on ebay.
- Marko A Rodriguez (2006) A methodology for studying various interpretations of the n,n-dimethyltryptamine-induced alternate reality. Journal of Scientific Exploration Vol: 20 no. 1 ISSN: 0892-3310. pp. 67-84; More information: http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~okram/papers/paralleldmt.pdf. McKenna and his ethnopharmacologist brother Dennis are both cited. From the abstract: “[The] article provides a methodology for studying the nature of the DMT-induced alternate reality by means of various simple information theory experiments. These experiments can be used to test which of the presented interpretations of the DMT-induced alternate reality appears most plausible.”.
- Terence K McKenna (2006) Psychedelics Before and After History [bootleg]. Bootleg DVD transfer of Psychedelics Before and After History (1987). One disc. Found on eBay.
- Terence K McKenna (2006) Metamorphosis [bootleg]. Bootleg audio track from the Mystic Fire video Metamorphosis: A trialogue on chaos and the world soul (1995). One disc. Found on ebay.
- Terence K McKenna (2005) The Taxonomy of Illusion [bootleg]. Bootleg Video Compact Disc of the Sound Photosynthesis video The Taxonomy of Illusion (1993) One disc. Found on ebay.
- Anon (2005) Terence McKenna compilation [bootleg]. Bootleg Audio CD with selections from Search for the original tree of knowledge (2001), Scenario for a psychedelic society (1986), The syntax of psychedelic time (1983) and others. One disc. Found on ebay.
- Anon (2005) Terence McKenna video experiment vol. 2 [bootleg]. Bootleg Video Compact Disc with three segments: the RoseX video Experiment at Petaluma, one segment from the Thinking Allowed video A magical journey (1988) entitled “Time and the I Ching,” and a video of a talk at a rave in Sydney in 1997 labeled Terrance McKenna / random cuts / manning bar: sydney uni / march 1997. One disc. Found on ebay.
- Anon (2005) Terence McKenna: Hallucinogens and culture, The human future [bootleg]. Bootleg Video Compact Disc of part of the Thinking Allowed video A magical journey (1988), including two of three segments: “Hallucinogens and culture,”and “The human future.” One disc. Found on ebay.
- Anon (2005) Terence McKenna video experiment vol. 1 [bootleg]. Bootleg Video Compact Disc of the Sound Photosynthesis videos The psychedelic society (1987) and Time wave zero (1995). One disc. Found on ebay.
- Eric Paul Cunningham (2004) McKenna, Terence. In Holy people of the world: A cross-cultural encyclopedia Editor: Phyllis G. Jestice. ABC-CLIO, Santa Barbara CA. 999 pages; ISBN: 1576073556. A biographical and philosophical précis. From p. 567, Volume 2: "An American ethnobotanist, writer, lecturer and psychedlic researcher, Terence McKenna is a good example of an American holy person of New Age sprituality.". LibraryThing.
- Mark Pesce and Will Richter (2003, May 23) True hallucinations: The Life and Death of Terence McKenna. An opera. Premiere of three songs at Mind States IV, Berkeley, CA. Recording previously available as a conference MP3 CD from Mind States Media, 20:45. Songs: Strophariad, Radiance & The Incident. More information: http://www.playfulworld.com/true/ .
- Anon (2003) The Trip: Journey to The Center of Terence McKenna’s Inner Self. DueNow.com, Edmonton Alberta. A 363 word “high-quality paper” from an academic paper mill in Canada. Found through Froogle.com. More information: media/14219.rtf. LibraryThing.
- James Koehnline (2002) Autonomedia 2003 Jubilee Saints Wall Calendar: Radical Heroes for the New Millennium. Autonomedia, Williamsburg NY. McKenna appears on April 3; ISBN: 1570271259.
- Hank Wesselman (2001) Visionseeker: Shared Wisdom from the Place of Refuge. Hay House, Inc, Carlsbad CA. 300 pages; ISBN: 1561707538. Wesselman recounts a remote healing ceremony he performed for McKenna at the Institute of Noetic Sciences in Sacramento, CA (pp. 271-2). LibraryThing.
- James Koehnline (2001) Autonomedia 2002 Jubilee Saints Wall Calendar: Radical Heroes for the New Millennium. Autonomedia, Williamsburg NY. McKenna appears on April 3; ISBN: 1570271259.
- James Koehnline (2000) Autonomedia 2001 Jubilee Saints Wall Calendar: Radical Heroes for the New Millennium. Autonomedia, Williamsburg NY. McKenna appears on April 3; ISBN: 1570271062.
- Jim DeKorne, David Aardvark and K. Trout (2000) Ayahuasca Analogs and Plant-Based Tryptamines: The best of The Entheogen Review 1992-1999. 2nd ed. ER Monograph Series 1, The Entheogen Review, Sacramento CA. 240 pages; This collection of essays from The Entheogen Review is dedicated to McKenna, and contains a poem “For Terence” by the visionary artist Alex Grey. LibraryThing.
- Ian Winn (1999) Techno-Pagan Octopus Messiah. I.M.P. Fiction, London. 287 pages; ISBN: 0953327515. LibraryThing.
- Rudy Rucker (1999) Seek! Selected Nonfiction. Four Walls Eight Windows, New York City. 356 pages; ISBN: 1568581386. Amusing description of McKenna, with biographical trivia, on p. 242. LibraryThing.
- Grant Morrison (1999) The girl most likely to. In The Invisibles: Counting to none DC Comics, New York City. 224 pages; ISBN: 1563894890. The Invisibles universe is headed toward the Apocalypse on December 22, 2012. McKenna is mentioned by name in Invisibles 2:6 (July 1997). LibraryThing.
- Steven Cerio (1998) Steven Cerio’s ABC book: A drug primer. Gates of Heck Inc., New York City. 64 pages; ISBN: 1889539074. McKenna is mentioned in “D”; D / is for DMT trips by design, / Visit fantastic worlds without leaving your mind. / And don’t be alarmed if the pixies torment you, / Just tell them that Terence McKenna has sent you! More information: http://www.seagull.net/gates/cerio/gallery.html. LibraryThing.
- Art Bell (1998) Terence McKenna: Art Bell ‘98 [bootleg]. Bootleg of the Chancellor Broadcasting Company audiotapes: “Coast to Coast AM” w/ Art Bell (1997 & 1998). Two discs. Found on ebay. More information: http://mckenna.psychedelic-library.org/ .
- Visionary Networks Inc (1997) The oracle of changes. Version: 1.2. I-Ching CD-ROM. McKenna gives his view of the I Ching in a video interview included with the program. Blurb reads: ”Cool, very cool.” —Terence McKenna, author of True Hallucinations. Purchase: http://www.tarot.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=1167.
- Art Bell (1997) Terence McKenna: Interview with Art Bell [bootleg]. Bootleg of the Chancellor Broadcasting Company audiotapes: “Coast to Coast AM” w/ Art Bell (1997 & 1998). Two discs. Found on ebay. More information: tmbib.d.php#Bell-1998 .
- Patrick Dijuju (1996) Travels with Marvin: Swashbuckling around the world with Marvin Minsky. In How to mutate and take over the world Editor: R. U. (Ken Goffman) Sirius and Jude St. Ballantine Books, New York. 221-225 (of 305) pages; ISBN: 0345392167. Dijuju’s story fragment places him in an Amazon jungle plane crash with Marvin Minsky and McKenna. Unfriendly natives, noting a resemblance between Minsky and their god Xochipilli, elect to sacrifice McKenna on a stone altar. More information at: http://www.scrappi.com/deceit/htmatowo/htmatowo.html . LibraryThing.
- Steve Taylor (1995) Editorial. The Unlimited Dream Company no. 5 pp. 2; Taylor explains that the inspiration for changing the name of The Unlimited Dream Company zine (named after a novel by J. G. Ballard) to TOWARDS 2012: the Journal of Millennial Mutation was McKenna and brother Dennis’ experiment at La Chorrera (recounted in True hallucinations).
- Station Rose (1995) Icons Morphs & Samples. McKenna appears on the multimedia CD-ROM track one, in a 25 second Quicktime movie. More information: http://www.well.com/~gunafa/products1.html .
- Stephen Daly and Nathaniel Wice (1995) alt.culture: an a-to-z guide to the ‘90s-underground, online, and over-the-counter. HarperCollings Publishers, Inc., New York City. 304 pages; ISBN: 0062733834. McKenna receives an average-length entry in this encyclopedia of “90s America”. More information: http://www.altculture.com/.index/aentries/m/mckennaxt.html. LibraryThing.
- Terence K. McKenna (1994) Global perspectives and psychedelic poetics [bootleg]. Bootleg of the Sound Horizons audiotapes: Global perspectives and psychedelic poetics. Three discs. Found on ebay. More information: tmbib.f.php#McKenna-1994m .
- Terence K. McKenna (1994) Eros and the Eschaton [bootleg]. Presented: Mandala Books, Seattle. Bootleg of 1994 booktour speech Mandala Books, Seattle. Two discs. Found on ebay. More information: http://mckenna.psychedelic-library.org/ .
- Mitchell Porter (1993) Peter Meyer. Series: INTERZINE. Issue no. 2 (and apparently final) of a text-only web/email zine. Profiles Peter Meyer, “best known as the developer of the MS-DOS software _Timewave Zero_, which demonstrates Terence McKenna’s fractal model of time and history”. More information: http://www.textfiles.com/magazines/INTERZINE/interzine.02.
- Terence K. McKenna (1993) True hallucinations [bootleg]. Bootleg of the SoundPhotosynthesis audio tape: True hallucinations book debut (1993). One disc. Found on ebay. More information: tmbib.f.php#McKenna-1993n .
- Terence K. McKenna (1992) Food of the gods [bootleg]. Bootleg of the She Who Remembers audiotape: The role of psychedelic plants in human evolution (1992). One disc. Found on ebay. More information: tmbib.l.php#McKenna-1992d .
- Kaz (1992) Crackpots & Visionaries Volume 1. One of a set of 36 cards with caricatures of cultural icons, from WFMU, 91.1 FM, Jersey City, NJ. See http://www.wfmu.org/store/crack/crack02.html for the McKenna caricature. More information: http://store.yahoo.com/wfmu-store/crvivo1.html.
- Terence K. McKenna and Timothy Leary (1991, 1 Jun) Unfolding the stone [bootleg]. Swedish bootleg of the Pacifica Radio audiotape: Unfolding the stone (1991). Two discs. Found on ebay. More information: tmbib.f.php#McKenna-1991d .
- Terence K McKenna (1990) Neuropolitics. In AMOK Fourth Dispatch Editor: Stuart Swezey and Brian King. Series: AMOK; The Subterranean Company, Monroe OR. 376 pages; ISBN: 1878923005. McKenna merits a page and half (122-3) in this annotated bibliography of fringe culture. The editors print a passage from Psilocybin, magic mushroom grower’s guide: A handbook for psilocybin enthusiasts (1976). Published before his major written works, AMOK glosses a number of audio cassettes. LibraryThing.
- Miguelito Lasky (1977) Experiment at La Chorera as told by “Dave”. Sound Photosynthesis, Mill Valley CA. Miguelito Lasky: Dave, of True hallucinations (1993). Recorded casually in South America in 1977. McKenna orginally marketed this tape as part of his Lux Natura mail order business.
- Terence K. McKenna (none) Vision plants [bootleg]. Bootleg of the Lux Natura audiotape: Vision plants (1988). One disc. Found on ebay. More information: tmbib.f.php#McKenna-1988u .
- Terence K. McKenna (none) Angels, Aliens and Archetypes [bootleg]. Bootleg of a portion of Shamanic Approaches to the UFO, orignally recorded at the Angels, Aliens and Archetypes Symposium, San Francisco CA, 1987. One disc. Found on ebay.
This page last modified Feb 26, 2013 06:48 Left Coast Time.